KOSTAL develops customer-specific charging solutions
KOSTAL develops electric car charging stations and charging infrastructure solutions for the specific requirements of energy suppliers, car manufacturers, fleet operators and other OEMs. With the customised solutions, our customers can set up and operate their own charging infrastructure.
At the heart of smart electromobility from KOSTAL lie vehicle-to-grid (V2G) and vehicle-to-home (V2H) solutions that use the battery of the electric car as a means of storage and feed surplus energy into the owner's energy system or into the grid.
In addition, initially KOSTAL will focus on unidirectional charging solutions that, when combined with PV inverters, enable safe and energy-optimised EV charging at home.
Customers benefit from our years of experience in the field of renewable power generation (inverters) coupled with in-depth knowledge of charging management for electric vehicles (onboard chargers and charging stations).
As an innovative and reliable development partner working to the highest quality standards and with a zero-defects strategy in production, we can cover all markets, areas of use and applications.
We also have sound technical knowledge of all aspects of grid connection in the low-voltage grid. This allows KOSTAL components to be seamlessly integrated into your own installation downstream of the house connection.
KOSTAL charging infrastructure solutions: the benefits at a glance
- Extensive customising: housing, software, hardware, interfaces
- Integration and standard interfaces with all operators thanks to our measurement system
- Backend compatible with billing systems
- All necessary communication interfaces: CANopen, Ethernet, WLAN, MODbus, OCPP 2.0, ISO15118, EEBUS. Further interfaces (such as KNX) can be integrated through in-house firmware development
- Proven components and manufacturing processes are integrated within the framework of system-supported requirement engineering
- Full service supplier: development, manufacturing, customer service and comprehensive advice from design to installation and hardware configuration
- Zero-defects production - Made in Germany
- International labelling and certifications
- Compliant with measurement and calibration legislation, e.g. for use in company cars and vehicle fleets
- Charging infrastructure eligible for subsidies
KOSTAL electromobility: smart interaction from one supplier
Example: unidirectional charging with PLENTICORE plus, KSEM and an AC wallbox